The 0x800f0831, 0x800f0831 update, 0x800f0831 install, 0x800f0831 server 2012, 0x800f0831 Windows 10 errors are common error codes for Windows users. But with the help of a proper troubleshooting approach you can easily get rid of the issues. But before applying any fix you need to know the causes of these errors. As after knowing the root of the error you can get rid of the issue with ease.
Error code 0x800f0831 is a windows error which can block the program, slow down the PC performance, restarts the system automatically, BSod error with computer freezing and more. In order to prevent further damage to your computer, it is necessary to fix the error code 0x800f0831 errors as soon as possible.
You may also like: Top 5 Windows 10 Activation Errors and their Fixes
According to a report, a Lenovo laptop user having Windows 10 OS came across with the 0x800f0831 error while playing game named Dota2. This game was downloaded via Internet Explorer, after installing whenever the user tries to open the game, the system throw error 0x800f0831.
Some other scenarios are;
- When trying to update Microsoft applications, the system will display error 0x800f0831 update error.
- While executing Skype in the Windows system an error 0x800f0831 may appear in Windows 10.
- Sometime Skype application could not opened and need an update.
- When user connects to the webcam, another error also appeared as 0x800f0831.
How to fix Windows 10 0x800f0831 Error Code
First try to perform the below given steps first:
- Restart your PC in a normal mode;
- Restart the system in Safe Mode;
- Try a Clean Boot;
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter;
- Disable your anti-virus temporarily;
- Run sfc / scannow and DISM via Command Prompt;
If none of the above given methods become helpful then kindly apply the below given fixes.
Try to Disable Proxy
You must disable the proxy and restart your system.
Step 1:Open Windows run dialogue box by pressing Win key + R, type inetcpl.cpl, and press Enter.
Step 2:Choose Connections and then open LAN Settings.
Step 3:Find the Automatically detect settings box and mark it with a tick.
Step 4:After all, unmark the Proxy server box.
You can also go with the automatic solution to repair your PC, apply a professional PC ERROR REPAIR tool. This tool will allow you to deal with all kind of internal errors of Windows 10. This tool is very easy to operate and able to clean all the junks that can generate this type of error code.